Wednesday 21 November 2018

Christmas Wreaths

Apart from autumnal jewellery, I love making Christmas inspired jewellery.  I suspect I will be even more adventurous next Christmas, but then again, maybe not.  Got to keep your options open, you know.

Last year, just as it was too late, I wanted to do some pendants with winter/Christmas scenes.  I began this year with a couple using various media, but with polymer clay as the main ingeredient.  The sets included micro glitter, micro beads, liquid pearls, alcohol inks and acrylic paint - all in small amounts.

The pieces were much more involved and time consuming than I had expected - with each tiny Christmas bauble being rolled in very fine glitter.  The result, though, is quite pleasing and some of the baubles look like they are made of glass.   The little scenes were painted with alcohol inks and some liquid pearls were used for the snow.  The sky in the first one though, is just polymer clay.  The berries are polymer clay only, but I love making berries as they are very therapeutic.  Well, they are for me!

The first sold within ten minutes of listing it, but the heart shaped one has yet to find a new home.

Next year, I would love to do pendants with indoor Christmas scenes or Victorian Christmas scenes, but for the time being ...





 Heart Wreath Christmas Set ...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/653873333/christmas-wreath-pendant-necklace-and?ref=shop_home_feat_4&frs=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Bag End, Hobbiton

Making mainly jewellery, when thinking of something to make a male friend, it is quite a poser.  Few men wear any jewellery and if they ...